Are You Dealing With Heel Pain?
Heel pain is a common problem. One in 10 people will have this problem at some point in their lifetime. Heel pain may go away on its own in a couple of weeks, but sometimes the pain can be persistent. The problem goes away much faster with treatment. A podiatrist can help identify the most effective solutions to relieve your heel pain. Family Foot and Ankle Center (with offices in Ashburn, Fairfax, McLean, and Reston, VA) offers full-service podiatric care to their patients. Here's what you can do to relieve the pain.
1. Night Splints: To treat your heel pain, your doctor may recommend a night splint. A night splint holds your foot in a neutral position while you sleep, thereby helping to reduce morning foot pain. Night splints also stretch the plantar fascia ligament and Achilles tendon and keep them from getting tight during the night.
2. Stretches: Podiatric doctors prescribe stretching exercises for various foot problems. Stretching exercises are an effective way to manage heel pain. Studies have shown that stretching exercises soothe pain, improve function, and reduce swelling. Stretching exercises are very easy to do and should be done on a daily basis to keep heel pain at bay.
3. Steroid Shots: Steroid shots are injections that can help ease pain and swelling in a specific area of your body. The injections usually comprise a local anesthetic and corticosteroid medication. Steroid injections offer quick relief for foot pain and swelling. You can get steroid shots at your podiatrist's office.
4. Extracorporeal Shock Wave Treatment (ESWT): For persistent heel pain that doesn't respond to other treatments, Extracorporeal Shock Wave Treatment (ESWT) may be needed. This treatment uses shockwaves that target the heel and initiate the body's natural healing response.
5. Stem Cell and Amniotic Regenerative Medicine: Another treatment for persistent heel pain is a stem cell and amniotic regenerative injection. This is a safe and effective therapy that stimulates the body's natural healing responses on the damaged tissue. This procedure offers faster healing, decreased pain and less downtime and can be a good alternative to surgery.
Relief from heel pain is within your reach. Call one of Family Foot and Ankle Center's offices today to schedule an appointment- 703-723-9267- Ashburn, VA; 703-273-9818- Fairfax, VA; 703-556-8637- McLean, VA; 703-723-2719- Reston, VA. Family Foot and Ankle Center offers many state-of-the-art treatments for stopping heel pain.