When you’re experiencing pain and problems with your feet, it can affect your daily life and cause other issues to occur. There are many reasons that you may be experiencing foot pain, so it’s important to visit your podiatrist at Family Foot and Ankle Center in Ashburn, McLean, Reston, and Fairfax, VA, to determine the cause of your foot pain and get back to your daily life.
What Causes Foot Pain?
There are numerous issues that could be causing your foot pain and your podiatrist in Ashburn, McLean, Reston, and Fairfax, VA, can help you determine the cause and how to treat your foot pain. Some common causes of foot pain and reasons to visit your podiatrist include:
- Ankle Sprains- When doing physical activity, you need to be careful of foot sprains that may cause an unnatural twisting of the ankle bones and causing the ligaments outside of the bone to be irregularly stretched or torn.
- Bunions- Bunions occur when the big toe is misaligned and cause the joint to slant outward. Bunions may cause pain when they rub on the inside of your shoes and may be painful when you are on your feet for a prolonged period of time.
- Flat Feet- Flat feet are a common issue that many people struggle with. The arch of the foot is underdeveloped and can cause other problems to occur when they aren’t treated and dealt with.
- Athlete’s Foot- Athlete’s foot is a fungus that can cause your feet to become smelly, dry, or itchy.
- Hammertoes- Hammertoes are a deformity in the second, third, or fourth toe that causes them to bend at the middle, resembling a hammer.
Contact Your Podiatrist Today!
There are many reasons that you may want to visit your podiatrist, and it’s important to see them sooner rather than later so that you can live your life without any foot pain. Your podiatrists at Family Foot and Ankle Center are here to help you manage your foot care needs. Schedule an appointment by calling (703) 723-9267 for the Ashburn, VA, office, (703) 273-9818 for the Fairfax, VA, office, (703) 556-8637 for the McLean, VA office, or (703) 723-2719 for the Reston, VA, office. You can also visit https://www.familyfootandankle.com/.